18U Female Burgundy
- First practice- September 11th from 3:30 to 5:30 at the Leo Hayes Side Gym.
- October 22 - Spartans Club Bottle Drive (club fundraiser)
- October 22nd- Senior Seeding Tournament (Fredericton)
- November 6 – Mad-Vic 18u Tournament (Edmundston)
- November 19- Dynamite 18u Tournament (Tracadie)
- November 26- Spartans 18u Girls Home Tournament (Fredericton)
- December 3-4 – Big Red 18u Tournament (Fredericton)
- December 10-11 – Senior Open (Moncton)
- December 17-18 - VNB 18U Provincials (Moncton)
- January 13-15 – Coupe de l'Est du Canada (Ville de Québec)
- January & February – Senior Women’s Tournaments
- February – Spartans Bottle Drive (individual/team fundraiser)
- March 3-5- Mizuno Volleyball Festival (Boston)
- March – Nova Scotia 18u or senior women’s tournament
- April 7-9 – Elites of the East (Fredericton)
- could add extra travel tournament between February and May.
Cost from September to April is generally between $1,500-$2,000 per athlete (minus any money raised from fundraising*) Fee includes: clothing, practice fees, coaches expenses, tournament registrations, and some travel/accommodation costs for Quebec/USA tournaments. Additional costs with respect to travel tournaments are to be expected. The team will keep a detailed seasonal budget and parents will be well-informed on payment schedules and fundraising expectations/opportunities.
* Please note that in previous years, some payments were eliminated as athletes were able to fundraise in the range of $400 - $700 each, depending on each athlete's level of participation in fundraising and team tournament hosting. Athletes are also encouraged to seek corporate sponsorship (letters can be provided). The 18u team will also look to secure a corporate partner to help costs during the 2022-2023 season.
Wednesdays 7:30-9:30pm at Bâtisseurs
Thursdays 7:30-9pm at Nasis Middle
*the practice schedule will be revised in January 2023 and will take into account NBIAA league play.
A proud graduate of the École Sainte-Anne volleyball program, I have been coaching volleyball for close to 15 years, including the past 9 years with the Tommies/Spartans. I have also coached ESA men’s and women’s varsity programs to numerous NBIAA championship banners over the years. I am an NCCP - Performance Coach (in training), a two-time VNB Coach of the Year (2006, 2014) and the 2019 recipient of the Ian Fowler VNB Volunteer of the Year award. I am also the former High Performance Chair for Volleyball New Brunswick and head coach at various age categories for the VNB summer elite program. I am currently the Spartans Volleyball Club Vice-President.
After university degrees in Science (honours in Kinesiology) from UNB and Law from Alberta, I am currently a Senior Policy Advisor with the Executive Council Office (GNB). My hobbies include live rock music, especially following my favourite group Radiohead, reading literary fiction, and tweeting about the highs and lows of my two teams: Liverpool Football Club and the Montreal Canadiens.
After playing volleyball with the STU Tommies for four years as a setter, I wanted to stay involved in the volleyball community and joined the Spartans Club. I started coaching with the 13U girls, then moved to be an assistant coach with the 18U girls. I have also been coaching the Varsity girls volleyball team at École Sainte Anne for the past two years. I am now a NCCP - Performance Coach (in training) and I teach at École Sainte Anne. In my spare time, I like to play volleyball, climb, and go on walks with my dog.