18U Female Burgundy
Please confirm acceptance of your spot to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11pm tonight (September 8th). We will open up the waitlist at that point.
First practice will be Sunday September 11th from 3:30-5 at LHHS Side Gym. Please have a skipping rope, and short/long tension bands with you.
This is a tentative schedule and based on previous years. Coaches reserve the right to amend the seasonal plan once the final team is selected/season starts.
- Tryouts September 6-7. Athletes will confirm their spot with a $200 spring tournament deposit on or before September 10th.
- First practice- September 11th from 3:30 to 5:30 at the Leo Hayes Side Gym.
- October 22 - Spartans Club Bottle Drive (club fundraiser)
- November 4-6 – Omnium du Québec in Sherbrooke
- November 20- Spartans 18u Girls Home Tournament
- Various dates - Two other 18u VNB club tournaments
- December 3-4– VNB Senior Open in Moncton
- December 10-11 – VNB 18U Provincials in Moncton
- January 5-8 – Coupe de L'Est du Canada in Quebec City OR Coupe de Montréal
- January & February – Senior Women’s Tournaments
- February – Spartans Bottle Drive (individual fundraiser)
- March 3-5- Boston Volleyball Festival
- March – Nova Scotia 18u or senior women’s tournament
- April 7-9 – Elites of the East in Fredericton
- could add extra travel tournament between February and May.
Cost from September to April is generally between $1,500-$2,000 per athlete (minus any money raised from fundraising*) Fee includes: clothing, practice fees, coaches expenses, tournament registrations, and some travel/accommodation costs for Quebec/USA tournaments. Additional costs with respect to travel tournaments are to be expected. The team will keep a detailed seasonal budget and parents will be well-informed on payment schedules and fundraising expectations/opportunities.
* Please note that in previous years, some payments were eliminated as athletes were able to fundraise in the range of $400 - $700 each, depending on each athlete's level of participation in fundraising and team tournament hosting. Athletes are also encouraged to seek corporate sponsorship (letters can be provided). The 18u team will also look to secure a corporate partner to help costs during the 2022-2023 season.
Wednesdays 7:30-9:30pm at Bâtisseurs
Thursdays 7:30-9pm at Nasis Middle
*the practice schedule will be revised in January 2023 and will take into account NBIAA league play.