This is a tentative schedule and based on previous years. Coaches reserve the right to amend the seasonal plan once the final team is selected/season starts.
- First practice- September 13th from 7:30-9:30 at Bâtisseurs.
- September-November- Freddy Women’s League
- September 30-October 1 – Freddy Open
- October 14 - Spartans Club Bottle Drive (club fundraiser)
- November 3-5 – Omnium du Québec in Sherbrooke
- November 18- Spartans 18u Girls Home Tournament
- Various dates - Two other 18u VNB club tournaments
- December 9-10 – VNB Senior Open in Moncton
- December 16-17 – VNB 18U Provincials in Moncton
- January 12-14 – Coupe de L'Est du Canada in Quebec City OR Coupe de Montréal (tentative)
- January & February – Senior Women’s Tournaments
- February – Spartans Bottle Drive (individual fundraiser)
- March 1-3- Boston Volleyball Festival
- March – Nova Scotia 18u or senior women’s tournament
- April 12-14 – Elites of the East in Fredericton
- could add extra travel tournament between February and May.
Cost from September to April is generally between $1,500-$2,000 per athlete (minus any money raised from fundraising*) Fee includes: clothing, practice fees, coaches expenses, tournament registrations, and some travel/accommodation costs for Quebec/USA tournaments. Additional costs with respect to travel tournaments are to be expected. The team will keep a detailed seasonal budget and parents will be well-informed on payment schedules and fundraising expectations/opportunities.
* Please note that in previous years, some payments were eliminated as athletes were able to fundraise in the range of $400 - $700 each, depending on each athlete's level of participation in fundraising and team tournament hosting. Athletes are also encouraged to seek corporate sponsorship (letters can be provided). The 17u team will also look to secure a corporate partner to help costs during the 2023-2024 season.
Wednesdays 7:30-9:30pm at Bâtisseurs
Thursdays 7:30-9pm at Leo Hayes
Sundays 6-7:30 at Leo Hayes (subject to change)
*the practice schedule will be revised in January 2024 and will take into account NBIAA league play.
A proud graduate of the École Sainte-Anne volleyball program, I have been coaching volleyball for close to 15 years, including the past 9 years with the Tommies/Spartans. I have also coached ESA men’s and women’s varsity programs to numerous NBIAA championship banners over the years. I am an NCCP - Performance Coach (in training), a two-time VNB Coach of the Year (2006, 2014) and the 2019 recipient of the Ian Fowler VNB Volunteer of the Year award. I am also the former High Performance Chair for Volleyball New Brunswick and head coach at various age categories for the VNB summer elite program. I am currently the Spartans Volleyball Club Vice-President.
After university degrees in Science (honours in Kinesiology) from UNB and Law from Alberta, I am currently a Senior Policy Advisor with the Executive Council Office (GNB). My hobbies include live rock music, especially following my favourite group Radiohead, reading literary fiction, and tweeting about the highs and lows of my two teams: Liverpool Football Club and the Montreal Canadiens.
Hi, I am Melissa Ouellette. I have always been a fan of sports. As someone who was 5’10 by the age of 12 I was encouraged to play volleyball. Fell in love with the sport and have always played some form of it. Through high school I was a middle player. Our tiny team in Plaster Rock did very well. I continued playing in different leagues after high school. Started playing beach volleyball in 2016. I have been coaching sports since grade 9 but started coaching volleyball in 2015. In 2019 I coached a high school team to a provincial title. Coached my first club team in 2019. As a coach a fun fact is I always end practice on a high note. It is a superstition of mine to end on a great rally point. Looking forward to my first year on the Spartans.